I talked to a lady today who has the same problem i do, gastroparesis. She told me that she started out just like me with 2-3 major flare ups a year, and now 8 years later she is dependent on a feeding tube. She told me it's a horrible miserable life and she doesn't wish it on anyone. She also told me she wouldn't sugar coat it, that I need to prepare myself because it's overwhelming and just gets worse. As depressing as it is, I'm thankful someone was just honest and told me how it is instead of hearing "the dr's aren't treating you properly, you aren't on the right meds, blah blah". She told me, no one understands exactly how miserable it is unless you've had it.
Plain and simple some medical conditions can't be cured or even have very many treatments. This is my life, but it's NOT the one I chose.
I am praying that I will be one of the lucky ones, that there is a treatment found in my lifetime that will be able to help me and so many others like me who suffer. I'm a wife, a mommy, I can't just lay down and be ok with no treatments, we need to fight for awareness and research!
No comments:
Post a Comment